How Do You Prioritize Your Time? Think about it for a second.
What do you choose more often?
TV or working out?
Sleeping in or working out?
Talking on the phone or working out?
Working late or working out?
Shopping or working out?
Drinks after work or working out?
One of the biggest complaints I hear from people is that they simply don’t have enough time. If that is your excuse take a good look at how you invest your time. It is amazing when you commit to getting it in no matter what, it all seems to just work out. I know for myself that if I don’t get it in 5 days a week my work suffers because I don’t feel as energized, inspired or happy. I am very busy too so on the days that I am doing cardio, I find ways to multi task. Here are 5 of my favorites:
1. I download audio books and only listen to them when I am doing cardio.
2. If I want to watch TV I go to the gym and watch TV and do the eliptical machine.
3. If I want to talk on the phone with friends and family, I do it while on a stationary bike or power walking. I also invite them to join me in person.
4. If I have 20 minutes to workout somewhere in my day I take it instead of totally blowing it off.
5. I schedule it in and I rarely take it off my schedule. If I do have to shuffle things around I make sure I know where I can add it back in.
Just like anything, If you really want to fit it in you can. When you throw around the excuse that you don’t have enough time you simply limit yourself to doing what you have been doing instead of challenging yourself to get creative.
Working out regularly has been found to be as effective as anti-depressants and it is safer and has no harmful side effects. It is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle.
30 minutes 5 times a week! Can you do it? Will you do it?